Friday 20 November 2009

Elgar failed to master the trombone

Elgar failed to master the trombone

Edward Elgar is one of my favourite classical composers, and the trombone is one of my favourite instruments to listen to, albeit more often in the hands of the likes of Jack Teagarden, Glenn Miller, or Miff Mole. But here is a reminder that the trombone plays just as important part in a classical orchestra, and what a melodic and lively instrument it can be in any musical situation. I also now can't get the image out of my head of Elgar desperately trying to learn to play it whilst his friend looks on, creased up with laughter. I shall attempt to use the intensifier "dodgasted" whenever possible as well. I like the sound of it! Again proof that history can be interesting, funny and relevant, if it's well-written and enthusiastic, as this is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just sit there, type something! I enjoy reading all friendly and positive comments.

Followers

Popular Posts