Thursday 3 December 2009

Bentley Mulsanne picture gallery



As a long-time fan of Bentley motor cars, I was greatly looking forward to seeing the new Arnage replacement when it was due to be unveiled at Pebble Beach, California back in August. So, when I first clapped eyes on it, I was... ambivalent. I desperately wanted to like it but, like many people I'm sure, I found the front end at first rather... challenging, shall we say.

However, I'm pleased to say that in my particular case has been very much a "grower" inasmuch as the more I see it the more I like it. In particular I can appreciate more what they have tried to do with the styling; those round headlights mounted in the wings, either side of the large honeycomb grille, the hint of a bustle-back in the boot lid - they have created a visual link to the classic Bentleys of the '20s and early '30s. It just took me a little while to see it and I now feel that Bentley have successfully married a forward-looking, advanced design with a nod to their illustrious past. More pictures, in a higher resolution, can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just sit there, type something! I enjoy reading all friendly and positive comments.

Followers

Popular Posts